How to Apply
Become a UECC AmeriCorps Mentor
UECC AmeriCorps Mentor program is made up of highly committed college students who
are passionate about helping young people. If this is you, apply and join us.
Community service has always been a part of who I am. I took full advantage of an opportunity to reinforce and expand on a community to which I had a limited connection prior, and that was a very inspiring experience.
Owen David Radford Torres
UECC AmeriCorps Mentor
Interested in Joining the Corps for 2016-2017?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18 or older, and attending college
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
- Be a United States citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be able and willing to mentor students of various ages in language arts and/or math
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment to serve 15-17 hours a week for a full school year.
- Have reliable mode of transportation
- Get clearance from background checks
- Show a current, negative TB test result
Your Future Starts Here
- UECC is now accepting interested applicants for 2017-18 program year!
- Two ways to apply:
- UCR Students can apply through ScotLink and search for "AmeriCorps".
- Non-UCR students can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please address the following questions, "Why is serving your community important? How will community service influence your plans for college or career in the future?"
- Interested in joining us on some volunteer days? Email email@example.com and we will let you know how you can get involved and earn community service hours.
Administered by CaliforniaVolunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.