How To Apply
Become a UECC AmeriCorps Mentor
UECC AmeriCorps Mentor program is made up of highly committed college students who are passionate about helping young people. If this is you, apply and join us.
Interested in Joining the Corps for 2021–2022?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18 or older, and attending college
- Must complete first year of college by the start of the program year
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
- Be a United States citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be able and willing to mentor students of various ages in language arts and/or math
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment to serve 10-17 hours a week for a full school year.
- Have reliable mode of transportation
- Get clearance from background checks
- Show a current, negative TB test result
Community service has always been a part of who I am. I took full advantage of an opportunity to reinforce and expand on a community to which I had a limited connection prior, and that was a very inspiring experience.
Owen David Radford Torres
UECC AmeriCorps Mentor
Your future starts here! Join the 2021-22 UECC AmeriCorps Member cohort. Apply today by finding us on Handshake or by emailing your cover letter, resume, and class schedule to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please answer:
1) "Why is serving your community important to you?", and
2) "How will your year of service with UECC AmeriCorps impact your future college or career plans?"
Also include your proposed schedule of the days and times you plan to reserve for tutoring activities (should amount to 10/15/17 hours per week, depending on the contract type).
Below are the Job ID Numbers for the four position types we offer:
- Job ID #4679919 – In-Classroom Elementary School Tutor/Mentor (10 hours per week)
- Job ID #4680613 – In-Classroom Elementary School Tutor/Mentor (15 hours per week)
- Job ID #4680713 – After-School Program Tutor + Summer Camp Mentor (17 hours per week)
- Job ID #4680682 – In-Classroom Elementary School Tutor + Summer Camp Mentor (17 hours per week)
Not ready to make the year-long commitment but are interested in joining us on some volunteer days? Join UECC Service Projects and Volunteering Opportunities List-Serve or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know how you can get involved and earn community service hours.
Administered by CaliforniaVolunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.